Cloud security is a delicate topic in the IT world. Nobody denies the fact that cloud computing is better than the traditional data centre paradigm. But there is a severe lack of cloud security best practices among the organisations. The result - 92% of the organisations are underprepared for cloud security ( Oracle and KPMG Report 2020). 59% of the organisations became victims of phishing and gave away high-privilege cloud login credentials.
Yet, 3/4th of the organisations believe that cloud computing service providers like Azure are more secure than the traditional data centres. And this is logical. In Azure, cloud security is the responsibility of both you and Azure. Most of the time it is the lack of proper cloud security best practices meant to be implemented by the client (you) that results in security mishaps.
PowerBoard will help you make sure that all the security settings in your Azure account are properly configured. Any deviation from the cloud security best practices and PowerBoard will alert you. With PowerBoard, you don’t need to manually check each and every security configuration to make sure that they are working properly. PowerBoard will automate this manual task.
PowerBoard - Security : Overview -
There are two ways to manage the security of your Azure workload through PowerBoard -
- Using the info on the homepage giving a summary of the security posture of your Azure account.
- Using the main Security section of PowerBoard.
Who Can Benefit From this Information
Pretty much everybody in the organisation can benefit from the security info displayed by PowerBoard. Maintaining the security of the cloud resources is a job zero and each and every stakeholder in the company strives to keep its IT resources secure.
- The CEO of the company is particularly interested in keeping her company’s IT assets safe from unauthorized intrusion. But she might not necessarily have the necessary expertise to manage Azure all by herself.
What she would do is, she would look for the red flags displayed by PowerBoard and ask the cloud administrator to fix the issues. So a CEO can keep a watch on the security posture of the company without deep diving into too many technicalities.
- The DevOps team can benefit immensely from PowerBoard’s automated security check. No longer the team has to manually look for vulnerabilities in the Virtual Machines, SQL servers and other areas of the Azure account manually. PowerBoard automates this task.
- Similarly, PowerBoard makes the work of the networking team easier. It looks for the deviations in the NSG best practices and recommends ways to solve the issues.
- The cloud administrator or anybody who is in charge of the high privilege Azure accounts in the organisation can heave a sigh of relief. PowerBoard makes sure that all the security protocols regarding login and access are being followed.